Edema can have a wide range of causes but medical care should be sought immediately to both reduce current symptoms as well as potentially diagnose issues far more dangerous.
Edema occurs when blood vessels in your capillaries leak fluid. The fluid builds up in surrounding tissues causing swelling.
Mild cases of edema may result from:
- Sitting or staying in one position for too long
- Eating too much salty food
- Premenstrual signs and symptoms
Edema can be a side effect of some medications, including:
- High blood pressure medications
- Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs
- Steroid drugs
- Certain diabetes medications
Edema may be a sign of a more serious underlying medical condition such as:
- Congestive heart failure.
- Kidney disease
- Kidney damage
- Weakness or damage to veins in your legs
- Inadequate lymphatic system
Whether you have a known Edema issue already, would like to get a second opinion, or are experiencing a condition that has you concerned, the fist step starts with good screening.
We are Now Offering Complimentary Screenings Which Includes:
- Patient history discussion
- A full comprehensive physical examination
- An ultrasound to ensure we fully understand the problem(s)
- Pain management plan if necessary
Schedule Your Complimentary Screening Now!
(coupon required for complimentary screening)
Medina Complimentary Screening – click here
All other locations Complimentary Screening – click here
If Surgery Is Required To Address Edema or Related Conditions…
We bring years of accomplishments as a cardiovascular specialists as well as offer the newest minimally invasive endovascular procedures. We are the only physicians in the area trained to perform these minimally invasive endovascular procedures enabling us to provide the latest medical techniques for patients with heart and vascular diseases. We have performed more than 3,000 open heart surgeries and thousands of thoracic and vascular surgeries.
With over 30 years’ experience as a board-certified surgeon, Dr. Barry J. Zadeh is considered by many of his peers to be a world leader in the vein and vascular field.
Dr. Zadeh brings years of accomplishments as a vein and vascular surgeon, mastering the newest minimally-invasive endovascular procedures.